Friday, June 10, 2011

Upholstery and Costa Rica

Because it's the only photo I have access to right now, here is the custom 83 Sportster that I did the seat for. It's the second motorcycle seat I've done this spring, and as it was custom, built by a non-upholsterer it presented some challenges. All agree that it came out well, and I'm pretty excited about my new vocation. Motorcycle seats are pretty big market.
My Mom is an upholsterer, and I've worked for her since I was 10. In Latin America women don't sew anything but clothes, and no one believes that my mother works in such a valiant capacity. "Que valiente" they say.

Now on a more serious note, and since it's below the photo, no one will read, but the Costa Rican Government is saying that I haven't registered my company which owns my property since 2007, and I have receipts showing that I paid my lawyer to register it through 2009 with the understanding that he would continue to do so. He told my caretaker that he has no recollection of this. As it stands now, they will bulldoze my house on July 26th. Awesome!! I have no money to get there. No way to take time off. I think all of my paperwork is in a filing cabinet in a locked garage in Port Angeles, Washington, and I have no way of getting it. So, anyone who has woken up to the sounds of Macaws in the morning or looked at Pacific Screech Owls in the yard, rest assured that those things will continue to happen, only my involvement with those events might be less!! ARrrggghhh, and it all comes crashing down at once!!!

1 comment:

  1. A bulldozer!?! Such a waste of material. Sorry Drew, that sucks ass.

    ReplyDelete